What are QLINE’s hours of operation?
- Monday-Thursday 6 a.m.- 11 p.m.
- Friday 6 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
How much does it cost to ride QLINE?
QLINE will offer free fare to all riders through Labor Day.
Beginning September 5:
- A single 3-hour fare will be $1.50.
- Seniors, disabled riders and medicare cardholders are eligible for a single 3-hour fare for $0.75.
- A 24-hour fare will be $3.00
- Monthly passes will be $30.00
Annual passes will be $285.00
How do I purchase a QLINE ticket?
- Tickets can be purchased on the QLINE Detroit iTunes Mobile App and at qlinedetroit.com.
- Ticket vending machines will be available at each station platform.
- Cash ticket purchases can be made on the streetcar.
- Tickets can also be purchased at the Penske Technical Center, 7520 Woodward Ave. with a money order or credit card.
How far does the streetcar travel?
- QLINE is a 6.6 mile circulating streetcar loop connecting Downtown Detroit, Midtown, New Center and the North End.
How many stops are on the QLINE?
- The QLINE has 12 stops and will run 22-25 minutes from Downtown to Grand Blvd.
How long will wait times be and how long is a complete QLINE ride?
Peak headway times will range between 20-25 minutes in early operations. Once QLINE runs five streetcars, headways will reduce to 15 minutes.
How fast will QLINE travel?
QLINE will travel up to 30 m.p.h., the maximum speed on Woodward Ave. QLINE will share the roadway with vehicular traffic and stop for traffic lights.
How many streetcars are in service?
- M-1 RAIL owns and operates six modern QLINE streetcars. Service levels will be determined by ridership, with four cars operating at most times. At peak hours and during special events, service will increase. At off-peak hours, fewer cars will be in operation.
How big are the cars?
QLINE’s modern three-piece, articulated cars are 66 feet long with 34 seats and carry an average of 125 passengers per car.
Where are QLINE stations and how do I know when my streetcar will arrive?
- Stations will also feature next vehicle alert screens
Is security personnel aboard the streetcar?
Transit police will make random checks on streetcars throughout the day to verify fares. Stations are equipped with security cameras and emergency phones.
Will people with disabilities be able to ride the QLINE ?
- All streetcar stations and vehicles will be ADA accessible. Streetcar stations will have level boarding with the vehicle. There will be sounds and lighting systems to indicate when the streetcar doors open and close. There will be a driver on each vehicle manually operating the doors.
Are bicycles allowed on the QLINE ?
- Bicycles are permitted on the QLINE. They must be hung on the vertical bike racks while riding. Cyclists yield priority seating to those traveling on wheelchairs or with strollers.
Are strollers allowed on the QLINE ?
- Strollers are permitted on the QLINE. Level-boarding at station platforms enables easy access and strollers can be stored on the low-floor area of the QLINE.
Where can I park near the QLINE?
- You can find parking maps for the City of Detroit http://www.detroitmi.gov/parking and other parking operators http://detroit.bestparking.com/neighborhoods/.
- ParkWhiz is the best place to find and book a guaranteed parking space before you reach your destination.
How will I know if the streetcar is stopping?
- Each streetcar vehicle will have brake lights in the back to inform drivers and cyclists when the streetcar will stop at a station.
How is the QLINE powered?
- The QLINE is powered by a 750-volt lithium ion battery, operating 60% off-wire, the highest percentage of any streetcar system in the United States.
Will the QLINE be air-conditioned or heated?
- QLINE will be climate controlled. Stations will also be heated.
Will the QLINE be wi-fi enabled?
- Yes. QLINE and its stations have free wi-fi.