Choose Your Direction:
How to Ride
QLINE Rider 101
With service in 15 minutes or less, taking the QLINE couldn’t be simpler. Here’s how:
- When waiting for a streetcar, please stand clear of the platform edge.
- Once the doors open, let others disembark before boarding, and board carefully, noting areas reserved for disabled or elderly riders.
- Hold on to small children under your supervision.
- Do not block doorways or emergency exits.
- Use handrails when standing.
- On the streetcar, press the blue “stop request” button to signal that you want to stop.
To see the QLINE's full route and stops, click to download our station map.Download the Station Map
Hours of Operation
Sunday - Thursday 8AM - 8PM
Friday - Saturday 8AM - 10PM
Download our QLINEConnects Guide (PDF) to learn how to make a connection from other forms of public transportation in Detroit.
Park & Ride
Bedrock Detroit offers 28 parking properties within Detroit’s Central Business District, with many just steps from a QLINE station. Visit their site for an interactive map.
ParkDetroit will find your location and available parking/meters near you using its in-app GPS. Simply tap your desired location to start a new parking session.
ParkWhiz allows you to book a parking place in advance in any of District Detroit’s over 7,000 spaces, ensuring you can find a convenient spot along the QLINE.
Wayne State University offers eight parking structures and 25 surface lots near our stations, making it easy to park and ride the QLINE to your destination.
Rules of Road and Rail
Always respect your fellow riders
Passengers are not permitted to:
- Smoke, eat, or drink aboard the QLINE
- Ride with pets other than service animals
- Litter or spit
- Ride with dangerous or flammable items
- Play music through external speakers
- Obstruct, hinder, or interfere with streetcar operations, its operator, or passengers
- Solicit or sell goods
Follow all of the posted safety rules and report any suspicious items or activity to the operator.
QLINE is accessible and easy to board for all users. The streetcar features low floors and high platforms for a minimal gap between platform and streetcar. The streetcars have level floor areas with substantial standing areas that can be used by wheelchairs and for strollers. The streetcar also features both audio and digital display stop announcements.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is the policy of M-1 RAIL that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and other protected groups.
BIKES, STROLLERS + QLINE
Bikes are allowed, space permitting, in the center section of the streetcars. Please use the bike racks, located in the center section. If the racks are occupied, please hold your bike upright while riding.
Strollers are also welcome on the QLINE.
The experience on-board the QLINE is one of comfort and convenience. Here are some of amenities we offer our riders.
We want to hear from you — your questions, comments, and suggestions. Click below to make a connection with QLINE today.Contact Us